Hints and Tips for a Successful Rapp-it Pipe Repair Application
For best results, the completed bandage application should be no less than 10mm thick (12-15 wraps).
Allow 30 minutes for Rapp-it Pipe Repair System to set rock-hard.
- The tightness of the wrap is very important to ensure adhesion of Rapp-it Bandage and Rapp-it Steel Putty to the pipe surface.
- Rapp-it Bandage has a 2-5 minute work life, with full cure in 30 minutes. Water temperature can affect the bandage cure time. Colder water will increase the cure time and hot water will reduce the cure time.
- Rapp-it Steel Putty has a 4-7 minute work life, with full cure in 30 minutes.
- Rapp-it Pipe Repair System now includes a 90mm stick of Rapp-it Steel Putty. Tear off adequate Steel Putty to suit the extent of the damage to the pipe.
- Rapp-it Steel Putty can be mixed by hand and then moulded into a variety of shapes to fill cracks and holes. When applying to damp, wet or slowly leaking areas work Rapp-it Steel Putty forcefully into the surface and apply pressure until adhesion begins to take effect.
- Difficult or large applications may require multiple bandages.